Jelido (Lidocaine Hydrochloride jelly, USP) 20 mg/mL
Therapeutic Class (Urology):
Gel 2%, 20mg/ml
JELIDO is available as a sterile, prefilled syringe made of polypropylene with a blue rubber
stopper, a plunger rod and a blue rubber tip cap. Each syringe contains 11mL and they are packed in boxes of ten.
Medicinal Ingredients: Lidocaine Hydrochloride (as Lidocaine Hydrochloride Monohydrate) 2% w/w;
Non-medicinal Ingredients: Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Sodium Hydroxide, Water for Injection
JELIDO™ (lidocaine hydrochloride jelly) is indicated for surface anaesthesia and lubrication for:
- The male and female urethra during cystoscopy, catheterization, exploration by sound and
- other endourethral operations;
- Nasal and pharyngeal cavities in endoscopic procedures such as gastroscopy and bronchoscopy;
- Proctoscopy and rectoscopy;
- Tracheal intubation.
Symptomatic treatment of pain in connection with cystitis and urethritis.
Dosage and Directions for Use:
Refer to the JELIDO Prescribing Information (available at https://pdf.hres.ca/dpd_pm/00041954.PDF) for complete dosing information and directions for use.
- Adults:The usual dose for men is 11 mL and the usual dose for women is 6 mL. No more than 4 doses should be given during a 24-hour period.
- Children: Your doctor will instruct you on the appropriate dose for your child, as this will depend on age and weight.
JELIDO should start to work within 5 to 10 minutes after you apply it.
Patients with a known history of hypersensitivity to local anesthetics of the amide type or to other components in the the formulation (e.g., Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Sodium Hydroxide, etc. – see Ingredients section).
Warnings and Precautions:
Refer to the Jelido Prescribing Information and Patient Information Leaflet (available at https://pdf.hres.ca/dpd_pm/00041954.PDF ) for complete safety information.
- Jelido is for topical use only. Do not use parentally.
Store between 15°C and 30°C..
For more information, visit: https://pdf.hres.ca/dpd_pm/00041954.PDF
JELIDOTM is a trademark of Pharmascience Inc.
These products may not be suitable for everyone. Read the labels and follow the directions of use.
For additional information, contact us at 1-888-550-6060 or by email at email@example.com.