(Lidocaine and Chlorhexidine Gel BP)
Therapeutic Class (Urology):
Instillagel is available as sterile, pre-filled syringes containing 6 mL or 11 mL of gel. The syringes are made of polypropylene with a butyl rubber stopper piston, and are packed in boxes of 10 syringes.
Medicinal Ingredients: Lidocaine Hydrochloride (as Lidocaine Hydrochloride Monohydrate) 2% w/w and Chlorhexidine Gluconate 0.05% w/w; Non-medicinal Ingredients (alphabetically): Hydroxyethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Propylparaben, Purified Water, Sodium Hydroxide.
Surface anaesthesia, lubrication and antisepsis for:
- The male and female urethra during cystoscopy
- Exploration by sound and other endourethral operations
Dosage and Directions for Use:
Refer to the Instillagel Prescribing Information and Patient Information Leaflet (available at www.instillagel.ca) for complete dosing information and directions for use.
- Adults: The usual dose for men is 11 mL and the usual dose for women is 6 mL. No more than 4 doses should be given during a 24-hour period.
- Children: Your doctor will instruct you on the appropriate dose for your child, as this will depend on age and weight.
Instillagel is contraindicated in patients with known or suspected hypersensitivity to local anaesthetics of the amide type, to chlorhexidine or to any ingredient in the formulation (e.g., methylparaben, propylparaben, etc. – see Ingredients section).
Warnings and Precautions:
Refer to the Instillagel Prescribing Information and Patient Information Leaflet (available at www.instillagel.ca) for complete safety information.
- Instillagel is for topical use only. Do not use parentally.
- Immediate systemic hypersensitivity reactions, including hypotension, tachycardia, shortness of breath, skin erythema and anaphylaxis have been reported in individuals who received chlorhexidine gluconate preparations applied topically to the skin or given intraurethrally, intranasally, or on central venous catheters impregnated with the drug. If adverse reactions or hypersensitivity occur in patients using Instillagel, treatment should be discontinued immediately.
- Avoid contact with eyes and damaged membranes.
Store below 25˚C.
For more information, visit www.instillagel.ca.
Instillagel is a registered trademark of Farco-Pharma GmbH, Cologne, Germany, used under license by PENDOPHARM, Division of Pharmascience Inc.
These products may not be suitable for everyone. Read the labels and follow the directions of use.
For additional information, contact us at 1-888-550-6060 or by email at email@example.com.