Therapeutic Class (Gastroenterology):
Bowel Prep Kit – PEG 3350 and Electrolytes for Oral Solution USP and Bisacodyl Delayed-Released Tablets USP
This Jar contains: Two sachets of fruit-flavoured PEG/Electrolytes powder 70 g (for reconstitution into 1 L/sachet), and one blisterpack of 3 Bisacodyl 5 mg enteric coated tablets.
Medicinal Ingredients: Each sachet contains: Polyethylene Glycol 3350: 59.55 g; Sodium Sulphate: 5.74 g; Sodium Bicarbonate: 1.69 g; Sodium Chloride: 1.46 g; Potassium Chloride: 0.76 g. Each blisterpack of Bisacodyl Enteric Coated Tablets (Bisacodyl delayed-released tablets) contains: Three (3) tablets of Bisacodyl 5 mg. Non-medicinal Ingredients (PEG/electrolytes sachets): Fruit flavours and Sodium Saccharin. Non-medicinal Ingredients (5 mg bisacodyl tablets): D&C Yellow No.10 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Yellow No.6 Aluminum Lake, Hypromellose, Lactose Monohydrate, Magnesium Stearate, Methylated Silica, Methylcellulose, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Polydextrose, Polydimethylsiloxane, Polyethylene Glycol, Polyvinyl Acetate Phthalate, Silica, Sodium Alginate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose, Sorbic Acid, Stearic Acid, Sulphuric Acid, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, Triacetin, Triethyl Citrate.
For use in cleansing of the colon as a preparation for colonoscopy in adults.
Directions for Use:
Use only under the directions of a healthcare professional. No solid food or milk (clear liquids only) should be taken on the day of the preparation. No antacids should be taken within one hour of taking the bisacodyl tablets. Your physician will tell you what time of the day to start your treatment.
Step 1: Take the 3 bisacodyl tablets (total of 15 mg) with water. Do not chew or crush the tablets.
Step 2: Prepare the PEG/Electrolyte solution as follows:
- Dissolve the entire contents of one sachet in 1L (32 ounces) of water and mix rapidly until a clear solution forms.
- No additional ingredients, e.g. flavouring, should be added to the solution.
- Refrigerate the solution as chilling improves the taste.
- Use the solution within 48 hours of mixing and discard unused portion.
Step 3: Wait for a bowel movement. Don’t worry if no bowel movement occurs within 6 hours of taking the Bisacodyl tablets. After 6 hours (with or without a bowel movement), begin to drink the solution as follows:
Rapidly drink a glassful (240 mL) of PEG/Electrolyte solution every 10 minutes until the 1L solution is finished. Repeat Step 2 with the other PEG/Electrolyte powder sachet, drinking 240 mL of solution every 10 minutes or as directed by a physician. Make sure to drink all of the solution. You will begin to have a watery bowel movement within 1 hour and continue to have loose bowel movements for 1 to 2 hours after finishing the solution. Lavage is complete when fecal discharge is clear.
BEFORE you use Bi-PegLyte® talk to your doctor or pharmacist if:
- You have taken any other medication within two hours of when you plan to start the PEG/Electrolytes solution (you may be removing this medication from your gastrointestinal tract by taking the PEG/Electrolytes solution)
- You have abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting
- You have a history of electrolyte imbalance (e.g., change in blood salts (low blood sodium)) or are using diuretics
- You have ulcerative colitis or any other inflammatory bowel disease (e.g., Crohn’s disease)
- You are pregnant or nursing
- You have difficulty swallowing or have a pronounced gag reflex or are prone to vomiting
- You have any allergies to this drug or its ingredients.
Talk to your doctor if you have kidney or heart problems or any tendency to regurgitate (bring up) food from your stomach into your esophagus or any tendency to accidentally inhale food or regurgitate food into the trachea (breathing tube to the lungs).
Inform your doctor immediately if you experience severe abdominal pain or rectal bleeding.
Store the contents of the Bi-PegLyte® Bowel Prep Kit carton at room temperature (between 15°C and 30°C). The freshly-reconstituted PEG/Electrolyte solution should be used within 48 hours if stored at room temperature. Discard unused portion.
Bi-PegLyte® is a registered trademark of Pharmascience Inc.
For more information, visit www.pendopharm-gi.com.
These products may not be suitable for everyone. Read the labels and follow the directions of use.
For additional information, contact us at 1-888-550-6060 or by email at email@example.com.
Other Colonoscopy Preparations
PegLyte® is used for bowel cleansing prior to examination (e.g., colonoscopy) or surgical procedures requiring a clean colon. Also indicated for doctor-supervised treatment of constipation.Read More
CoLyte® is indicated for bowel cleansing prior to colonoscopy or barium enema X-ray examination or surgical procedures requiring a clean colon. Colyte® is also indicated for the treatment of constipation.Read More